Providers must train all staff to understand their safeguarding policy and procedures, and ensure that all staff have up to date knowledge of safeguarding issues.
Safeguarding Introduction will help develop the skills necessary to recognise and report any concerns of / actual child abuse. Whilst raising awareness of the physical, psychological and behavioural signs and symptoms of the different types of abuse, you will learn about relevant legislation, when to talk to parents and how to report your concerns. It will develop your confidence as a key person in dealing with any disclosures of abuse from children in your care.
This course aims to raise awareness of child protection issues and will provide practitioners with an understanding of their roles and responsibilities in safeguarding children. Learning Objectives:
- To identify and report possible signs of neglect, physical, emotional, sexual abuse and early grooming
- To explore personal and organisational good practice to safeguard the welfare of children
- To recognise signs of inappropriate adult behaviour and know reporting procedures
- To examine responses to disclosures of abuse
- To clarify good practice that keeps practitioners safe from unsubstantiated allegations
By the end of this session Practitioners will:
- Understand the role of the early years practitioner in safeguarding.
- Confidently recognise and respond to key signs and symptoms of concern and abuse.
- Respond to concerns and know clear lines of reporting.
- Understand how safeguarding children links to practice
- Understand how to work in partnership and to support parents
- Understand the importance of accurate record keeping
- Understand the Trafford Strategic Safeguarding Board’s Threshold of Need with reference to the Children’s Act 1989 and other relevant documentation.
- Be aware of current safeguarding themes of; prevent, FGM, peer on peer abuse, modern day slavery etc
Please note as per the terms of conditions of the membership scheme cancellations made without seven days’ notice will incur a £35.00 non-attendance/late cancellation charge and 100% course fee
Free parking is available onsite
Refreshments will be provided.
Please note that you will be charged 100% of the course cost 7 days prior to the start of the course.
All Early Years Practitioners