The aim of the course is for early year’s practitioners to understand what is meant by social communication difficulties. This course will take a look at how bilingual children learn language, identify if there are any difficulties and how to support children.
Many children enter nursery with knowledge of languages other than English. Some of these children may need extra support to learn language and their development may follow a different path. Some children may have underlying language delay/disorder and it can be difficult to decide which children need further action. This course will give practitioners the knowledge and skills to help EAL children reach their potential.
By the end of the course practitioners will:
- Have an understanding of what bilingualism is.
- Have had an opportunity to share good practice
- Understand the stages of learning English
- Be confident to establish good Home-Provider links
- Discover ways to support children with EAL
- Be able to plan a ‘Communication Friendly’ environment.
- Have additional resources to find more support for children with EAL
- Have had the opportunity to plan action points.
Free parking is available onsite - Refreshments will be provided
Food can be purchased at this venue
Please note that non-attendance or cancellation within 5 working days of the start date of the course will incur a charge of £35.00